Friday, January 17, 2014

Building a ladder



Iyanla told me to tell the truth about where I am. To be honest; I’m a little lost. A little but just enough for it to feel like a lot. I think that when it comes to being lost, you either are or you are not. There is no place or need for adjectives. And if I’ve learnt anything from the movie Gravity, is that no matter how much or where you may be lost, at least you’re lost on Earth. How’s that for a Silver linings playbook

I guess I also have to admit that I’m still hoping for a miracle. And if there is one thing that I despise, it’s hope. The best thing is that I’m not even sure what that miracle would do for me…maybe that tells a little something about my lostness? 

Right now, I picture myself standing in a very deep well. So deep, light from up above never reaches me. I am pale and I am frail. I’ve decided to build myself a ladder. This ladder is being built by every single word that is being written by me right here. I can’t climb just yet, but at least I’ve started to look up.


Mike Mak Design

No comments:

Post a Comment